The institute of philosophy currently holds exchange cooperations for Bachelor and Master students with five universities in four European countries. In each stage of their studies (Bachelor and Master), students may study up to 12 months at one or several of our partner universities. The ideal point of time to spend one or two semesters abroad is after the third semester, once the introductory courses have been successfully completed. A stay abroad in the context of the ERASMUS programme offers a number of advantages. Besides covering the tuition fees and providing financial support, ERASMUS ensures that all credits achieved abroad will be recognized in Düsseldorf, so that your studies need not take longer than usual.
- Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt (Austria)
- Universität Salzburg (Austria)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium)
- Aarhus University (Denmark)
- University of Sofia (Bulgaria)
- University of South Bohemia (Czech Republic)
- University of Tampere (Finland)
- Université Clermont d'Auvergne (France)
- Aix-Marseille University (France)
- Université de Nantes (France)
- Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II (Italy)
- Nicolaus Copernicus University Torun (Poland)
- University of Opole (Poland)
- Universidade do Porto (Portugal)
- Universidade de Coimbra (Portugal)
The application for a stay abroad must be handed in at least six months in advance; an early application increases the chances. The places are assigned according to the order of receipt, if the formal criteria are fulfilled.
Please find a brochure with all information on Erasmus+ at HHU here.
The application for a stay abroad in the context of the ERASMUS-programme is not complicated. Here you can find a check-list for your application (only available in German).
Please fill in the online application and send a pdf-file both to the International Office and to the ERASMUS-coordinator Dennis Sölch. The link to the online application is provided here.
Moreover, you should write a motivation letter of about 2 pages, in which you point out the reasons for wishing to spend a semester at the particular university. Hand in your motivation letter together with a CV and a printout of your online application at the ERASMUS-coordinator.
For questions about ERASMUS or the application procedure, please make use of the office hours of the ERASMUS-coordinator.